As a successful school which teaches and practices the Catholic faith, we attract children from a wide area. We recognise that some parents are unable to walk or cycle with their children to school. However, we believe there are steps we can all take to make sure that our children are safe and that our neighbours are inconvenienced as little as possible during the busy morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up times.
ST. FRANCIS CHURCH CAR PARK
These guidelines have been produced to help ensure the safety of all visitors, parents, children, and staff at St Francis Primary School and we are grateful for your full cooperation. This document forms part of the risk assessment for the safety of everyone entering or leaving the school site. Parents and carers are reminded that they are responsible for their children in St. Francis Church car park and they should be closely supervised at all times.
- A 5 mile per hour speed limit applies throughout our site.
- All drivers must exercise due care and attention when driving and manoeuvring in the car park.
- All parents and carers are encouraged, where possible, to walk/cycle/scooter their children to school.
- Pedestrians entering our site must use the allocated pedestrian path along the church. Pedestrians are to keep to the pathway and not walk across the car park area.
- Please park within the bays.
- Unless you are in possession of a blue parking badge please do not park in these marked bays.
- Access for emergency vehicles must be maintained at all time.
- Users of the school car park do so at their own risk. St Francis Primary School will not accept responsibility for damage, accident or loss to vehicles or contents.
- All users of the car park and neighbouring roads are to be polite and courteous at all times. Please give consideration for other users of the car park.
- Children are permitted to ride bicycles and scooters to school. Pupils must dismount from their bicycles and scooters when entering the school site and keep to the pathways. Parents are politely reminded to ensure all bikes left at school are padlocked, St Francis takes no responsibility for damage or theft.
FRIARY ROAD / BACK GATE
Please note this is an emergency access to school and as such should be left clear at all times. Please park you car considerately, being mindful of leaving access to private properties, before collecting your child on foot. The back gate is not a drive by, pick-up point. Between 2:45pm and 3:30pm, we ask all our parents to access Friary Road from Coronation Road and exit onto Brockenhurst Road to ensure a smooth flow of traffic.
Thank you for your co-operation with the above.